I’ve been working on the Earl project the last few weeks. I’ve updated his geometry to more fully refine him. The hands were one place that received quite a bit of attention. Another area of focus was his outfit. I went through a few concepts, but settled on the vest over the T-shirt. I think it fits the character I had envisioned very well!
Beyond modeling, I put some basic textures and materials onto the clothing and made some adjustments to Earl’s skin.
I also made a library of phonemes and expressions Earl can make. My plan is to use him for lip-sync animation.
Last, but not least I rigged him. I’m using a lot of inverse kinematic solvers for the appendages, and will likely do more with action constraints to incorporate his expressions into the rig.
Without further ado, I give you…Earl!